November 03, 2016

Yoga's My Thang


As many of you know by now, I will be away in Asia for the next couple of months. As of today,
I’ve taught my last class, seen my last client, and did my last practice. It has been bitter sweet, and I’m having mixed emotions. Of course I am super excited: for travel, adventure, new experiences . . . . things that I believe are important for everyone (whether it’s going to distant lands or to that spot an hour away that you’ve never been to) . . . and heading to Asia which is an area of the world I’ve always been drawn and connected to. But, I also really love what I do here: I love the classes I teach, I love the students and friends I get to see regularly, I love the people that I teach with, I love the clients that trust me to care for them, and I love the classes I get to take and the environment I get to practice in. It’s been just over two years that I’ve been doing “my thang,” and I have never tired or felt burnt out by any of it. I do realize, however, that I have been able to maintain this love of yoga and what I do because of the regular breaks that I have been fortunate enough to take (thanks for your constant support on this SAS!).

This time around will be a break combined with training. The plan is to spend about two weeks with hubby around Bali and Thailand, before I am left on my own in northern Thailand to do some studying. The course I’m taking is Thai massage. Though it’s classified as a massage course, for me, it’s all about the yoga. I’m super stoked to learn about the sen lines (energetic lines of the body which I believe are similar to the nadi lines or chakra energy centres in yogic philosophy), to learn and practice more hands on (if you’ve been to my classes, you know how much I love to assist . . . . expect more of that!!), and to learn about the different therapeutic benefits of placing the body in certain positions (otherwise known as asanas!) I’m ready to be a student again, to expand my own personal practice and to come back refreshed, renewed and excited.

Thank you to all of you for the love and support you have shown me as I set off on this adventure. My cup is overflowing, and my heart is bursting with gratitude. I will miss you all but look forward to reconnecting in the New Year. My “biz” blog will be fairly inactive over the next couple of months, but my husband and I have a travel blog that we post on when we’re away.  If you’re curious about what I’m up to feel free to head over to Dela Frijoles, or drop me a line.  We’re leaving tomorrow and sometimes part of the adventure of travelling standby is seeing if we even make it to our destination!

Oh, and by the way (since I have been asked this question a lot in the last few days) . . . I 100% guarantee that I WILL be coming back and I WILL be back to teaching . . . it just won't be until next year!  

Thinking of you on your mats :)
Roxanne     

No comments:

Post a Comment