January 01, 2018

Welcome 2018


As I take time to honour the beginning of this new year, I reflect on my word for 2018 to let it sink in. I gave up new year's resolutions long ago and instead choose a word to shape my year to come. In the beginning, I actively chose the words to reflect what I wanted to create. These last couple of years, the words have simply come to me, and I trust that I'm intuitively setting myself up for a state of mind, way of being, attitude, etc. that for whatever reason I will be needing that year.


Thank you 2017!
My word for 2017 was confidence, and I was handed opportunities that compelled me to come out of the background and step forward to share the things I have learned. A lot of these things forced me out of my comfort zone, and it is hard for me to believe now that I actually did them! Through these experiences I learned what I am good at and what my weaknesses are, what I like and what I don't particularly enjoy, what I can and am willing to do when I feel strongly about something, and what I am no longer willing to give up even for "good opportunities." This year gave me confidence in myself, in what I know and in my beliefs.   


The word that came to me for this coming year is SIMPLIFY. I am fortunate to not have an overly complicated life or be surrounded by a lot of drama, but there are a few things that I have been wanting to let go of and loose ends that I've been meaning to tie up for a very long time. I'm getting the sense that while last year was more about getting out there, this year is a time to be slightly more internal, reconnect with my personal why, and clear out space that those loose ends have been taking up. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds and am anticipating continued adventures and connections to be included on this journey of 2018!

What do you do to honour the beginning of a new year?
Wishing you and your loved ones all the best in 2018 ❤️   

No comments:

Post a Comment