May 30, 2019

Bittersweet Symphony


I'm going on an adventure! I'm sure you're used to hearing these words from me. Usually the next words involve how long I'll be away, where I'm going, what I'm doing and gratitude to my lovely yoga family for covering my classes. However, this time the script is different and this time the words are more difficult for me to say. So . . . . . here goes.

I'm going on an adventure! This adventure will be taking me away from the Hat for an indeterminate amount of time. (I won't say forever . . .  I'll be back to visit and you don't always know what life has in store!) Our house has been put on the market and when it sells, the intention is for my husband and I to move. Not sure when exactly that will be just yet, but I have agreed to give up my classes as of July 1. This has NOT been an easy decision. I love all of my classes, and I love what I do, but space to prepare for a life change feels like what is needed for the beginning of this adventure.

This news may appear sudden and unexpected, but it is something that has been at the back of my family's mind for at least a couple of years. Where will we go? The answer at this point is . . . . I don't know yet. We have a few places in mind but haven't made any concrete decisions which I know is difficult for people to wrap their minds around and may sound crazy. I FEEL crazy and a whole heck of a lot of other feels at the moment!! But, I also FEEL like it's time. Hubby and I have often wondered what it would be like to live elsewhere given that his job gives us the freedom of this possibility. I have grown to love the Hat, the community I have here with all of you and the opportunities and support I have been given (all of which I will miss soooooo much), but after sixteen years (which has passed by in the blink of an eye) we've been having faint whispers and nudges telling us it's time to stop wondering and start exploring.

I'm going on an adventure! But, I'm bad with goodbyes (even when I know they are simply "see ya laters") I'm sooooo immensely grateful for my time in Medicine Hat particularly these last five years of teaching yoga and being a part of the amazing Yoga You4ia community/family. You all mean the world to me and I will miss seeing you on a regular basis. I will continue to be on the sub list while I am in town and will be back in the Hat randomly after I leave. Know that I plan to be back to practice with you, guest assist or teach classes, maybe a workshop or retreat and simply to hang out! I'm not an overly emotional person, but endings tend to make me cry. Try not to make me cry too much! I'm still here teaching for a month! Help me to practice what I preach and simply enjoy being here . . . .  in this moment . . . .  right now!!

❤️ Love you all!! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment