February 09, 2015

Let's See

Continuing along our chakra journey, we come to the last of the chakras that lie within the physical body (the crown chakra rests above us, but . . . . you’ll learn about that next week). Making our way up this rainbow staircase, the physical becomes less important and now we are more focused on working with our mind and inner world.  This sixth chakra or third eye chakra is located between the eyebrows and is known as the “command center” as it is here where we work on learning how to master our minds – the center that is in control of everything. Last week with the throat chakra, we focused on the sounds within our inner world.  Here at the third eye, we enter into the world of intuition, clairvoyance, imagination and visualization.  We work on what we can see on the inside.

Ajna is the Sanskrit name for the sixth chakra which means “to perceive and command.”  It is about finding, seeing and holding a vision for our lives and making this vision a reality. It is here where we see ourselves for who we really are, what our purpose is and who we want to be instead of becoming how others perceive us or how they think we should be.   We get to create our vision and our lives instead of letting others or circumstances control who we are going to become.  With the throat chakra, we were surrounded by constant noise, and half the battle was shutting out this noise in order to hear what was inside us.  This is the same with Ajna as we are “bombarded daily by images that tell us how to look, how to feel, how to behave, what to buy, where to go and even what to seeAnodea Judith.

To further complicate matters, Ajna communicates in terms of symbols.  So when working with this center, it becomes a matter of not only being able to see the images that form within your inner mind, but also being able to interpret things like dreams, archetypes, geometry, etc.  It’s about receiving these insights, trusting our feelings about what we’ve seen and not allowing our reason or logic to dismiss them.  This can be difficult for many of us as “in our culture there is a tendency to want to have answers, to figure things out, to “get the right answers”” The Phoenix Centre.  

A reliance (and almost addiction) to logic and reason is definitely one area that holds me back when working with this chakra.  I tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING, and am working on letting this go and learning to trust myself more.  I’ve also come to realize that people receive information in different ways.  I’ve always wanted to be one of those people who can see things vividly in my mind.  I’m always a little jealous of those people who describe these vivid, exploding colors and bright scenes that they see in meditation or visualizations.  But, I don’t think I receive information in this way . . . . not yet!  I have done some work with a ThetaHealer over the past couple of years, and I always go in a little worried that nothing will come up.  However, I’ve never left a session without “seeing” something.  The thing is I don't see it like on a movie screen.  It’s hard to describe, but I just feel it and just kind of know what the picture is.  This is the same way I dream.  I don’t “see” pictures in my dreams.  I just know what is going on.  I can somewhat describe details and can paint a picture of what I “saw” without really seeing it.  Maybe this is just how my visions work, and I’ve been so hung up on trying to see them how I thought I was supposed to see them!  
So, over the week notice what images, pictures, symbols, etc. come to you and/or how you receive this information.  Can you easily interpret this information once you do receive it, and most importantly are you willing to trust and follow any of this guidance you get?

Have a wonderful week of seeing your pictures, creating your vision and knowing that you get to create who you become,
Roxanne


PS. Over the weekend I got to experience a session in a float/sensory deprivation tank.  It would be a great tool to use when working with the third eye chakra.  Interested in my experience or curious to give it a try?  Feel free to connect and I’ll give you more information : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment