April 13, 2017

Yoga Nidra to Connect to Yourself

The crown chakra was the focus for this week's classes.  This energetic centre is very much about finding your perfection, finding your truth, and finding your connection within and with yourself.  My ongoing journey has very much been about coming back to a connection with myself.  I will forever be grateful and indebted to my teacher David Goulet and my training at Pyramid Yoga.  This is where it truly began for me and where it was emphasized that there is no guru greater than the guru within.  David was there to give us the information, show us the techniques and have us experience what had worked for him, but if we discovered, through experience, that it wasn't right for us . . . . it wasn't our way . . . then we needed to let it go.  It was one of the first times I experienced a teacher and teaching that didn't expect me to blindly follow their way and their system.  I was taught and continue to follow the idea that things need to be experienced before I can determine if it is right for me or not.  

This week's yoga nidra is about connecting to your inner guru.  It is so easy to get distracted by the voices of other people and society trying to tell us what to do and what they think is best for us.  The practice this week is about going deep to hear that message that comes directly from you.  

This will complete the yoga nidra series on the chakras.  If you have enjoyed these practices, feel free to listen to them over and over again.  Alternatively, there are yoga nidra classes happening at Yoga You4ia on Monday and Tuesday nights.  We'd love to see you :)

Hari Om Tat Sat ❤️      


No comments:

Post a Comment