March 24, 2017

Yoga Nidra for Loving Kindness

This week in classes, we worked with the heart chakra, also known as Anahata in Sanskrit. I love working with this energy centre as it is soft and gentle which is how I perceive myself to be, so it feels natural to be in this centre. It is also the midway point in the chakra system, so it is as concerned on the physical lower three chakras as it is with the three higher less tangible centres. This concept of balance is something I constantly try to achieve and one that shows up in my teaching often.We worked with the concept of Mettā which is loving kindness. So we focused on sending out love and kindness not only to other people, but also to the person who deserves it from us the most . . . ourselves!  The Yoga Nidra for this week is focused on this concept of Mettā.

This particular practice incorporates most of the elements of the yoga nidra practice, but also contains within it a Mettā meditation. I did this particular meditation within my gentle class and yang/yin classes this week. One student commented that it was like a massage for the mind. So, relax your body, massage your mind and send out those vibes of loving kindness. The world is in need of those right now!

May you be happy. May you be healthy. May you be safe. May you be free. ❤️

 

No comments:

Post a Comment